Our mission: Climate Education for all.
Application Deadline: March 17, 2023
Climate Awareness Education: Implementing the New Jersey Student Learning Standards (NJSLS) for Climate Change
Anticipated average award amount for eligible districts is approximately $6,500
The purpose of the Climate Awareness Education: Implementing the New Jersey Student Learning Standards for Climate Change NGO is to support locally focused climate awareness initiatives that design, demonstrate, and/or deploy climate awareness education curricula, activities, practices, or strategies based on the New Jersey Student Learning Standards (NJSLS) and that connect the local, regional, and global implications of climate change with the lives of students.
- Localized standards-aligned education opportunities
- Creating space for the risk that comes with innovation
- Building student resilience
Grant funding may be used for program participation with the Climate Action Awareness Program.
The Climate Action Awareness Program
Powered by Take Action Global
April 1 – June 30, 2023
Apply to Claim Your NJ Grant Award
To easily apply, the district grants/homeroom administrator should:
- submit interest with this form (we will send an email to confirm)
- log into the Grants Management System
- select the Climate Awareness Education: Implementing the New Jersey Student Learning Standards for Climate Change grant from the grant options
- district will accept these funds as part of their standard application process in the grant portal
This grant is based on acceptance of these funds and the application of these funds to an acceptable program for use and distribution. Please see the state’s Q&A for greater detail about the acceptable use of these funds and the timeline in which these funds can be expended.
Take Action Global and the Climate Action Awareness Program align with both the acceptable use, as Climate Action Professional Development, and the timeline for funds to be expended, through the 3 month program to be completed by June 30, 2023.
Cost of the Climate Action Awareness Program: $6,000
Our Current Climate Action Schools join as:
Benefits for Schools, Educators, and Students.
Climate Action Schools
Participating schools join for the 3-month program with:
- Opportunity to join as part of a global network of like-minded schools from around the world
- School-wide recognition
- School-wide carbon tracking
- Enhanced school culture and teacher well-being
- School-to-home and school-to-community opportunities
- International, national, and local media coverage and guidance
Timeline for Spring 2023 Program.
|March 1-17||Grant Application|
|April 1||Schools Onboarding|
|April 15-May 15||PD Part 1|
|May 15-June 15||PD Part 2|
Supported by First Lady Tammy Murphy
Take Action Global is proud to collaborate with First Lady Tammy Murphy from 2022-2023
- 2020: Ms. Murphy joins for Climate Action Day as Featured Presenter
- 2022: Ms. Murphy joins for Climate Action Day as Featured Presenter with students from Tabernacle School District, NJ
- 2023: add
- 2023: Ms. Murphy sends personal message to TAG educators at TECHSPO, NJ Tech Conference
Case Study: Morris-Union Jointure Commission, New Jersey
Morris-Union Jointure Commission, New Jersey joined Take Action Global as a Climate Action School in 2022.
- District-wide professional development
- Climate Action across the curriculum
- Student and educator international presentations
- Experiences with LEGO and NASA
- Read more here
EarthProject Classroom App
The EarthProject app allows teachers and students to track and show positive impact of action.
- Free iOS and Android mobile apps
- Teaches and motivates for reducing carbon and plastic waste
- Track tree plantings
- Work as a team and earn badges